Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Angels

In my last post, I wrote about Clete catching his 1st fish. I wanted to go a little deeper into this story because it touched my heart so much. After Dale got Clete situated with his little fishin' pole, I began to tell Clete about my fishing experiences when I was little. I told him about how my Grandaddy had bought me a pole just like the one he was using and how he would take me fishing all the time. Clete asked me where my pole was, I told him that I still had it and it was at home. No sooner did these words come out of my mouth did his cork go under water! I can't help but to wonder if Grandaddy was listening and sent him a little fish to catch. I miss my grandparents everyday of my life, not a day goes by that I don't think about them. I wish that Clete could have gotten to know them and been part of their lives like Britt and Jackson did. I do know that when I am down, they lift me up. I have even smelled my Grandaddy!! The smell of Brut!! Anyway, just wanted to put this in words, I can only hope that I am as good a grandparent to my grandchildren as they were to me.

No comments: