Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Break 2011

We had a great time during Clete's 1st "Fall Break". Yesterday was kind of a bust since I had to make another trip to the doctor, more antibiotics and steroids for me UGGHHH!! I woke up today bound and determined that no matter how bad I felt, Clete and I were going to spend some much needed "Mommy and Me" time together.

We started the day with a coloring session in the "Hot Wheels" coloring book. This gave Clete the idea of making Mimi and Pop a pumpkin picture for Halloween, so off we went to the craft drawer. After getting showers, doing a couple of loads of laundry and eating lunch, we had a photo session with little Tripp. Next, we all converged to the kitchen for an afternoon of Halloween cupcake baking. To wind up our afternoon, Clete went through an entire pad of sticky notes. I mean there were sticky notes everywhere! Normally, this would be a big "no-no", but he was actually spelling words on the sticky notes, then bringing them to me to read. He was doing such a good job with his spelling that I just let him keep going. We all were pretty tuckered out by the end of the day and the boys had no problem hitting the hay! I know I will definitely cherish these moments for a life time!







No comments: