Saturday, October 8, 2011

On this day......

On this day 11 years ago, I received the surprise of a life time! I big rock for my finger! I will never forget that day. Dale did everything by the book, including asking my parents blessing. He says that he was going to wait until my birthday to pop the question, but he was afraid that my grandparents wouldn't be able to keep the secret. I think it was him that couldn't keep the secret! About lunch time I looked out my office window only to see Dale walking into the building. He came into my office with a huge grin on his face and said that he had a surprise for me in his back pocket. I reached around and pulled out a velveteen box. The box that the ring was in was not a typical ring box, but more like a earring box so that is what I thought it was. I got the shock of my life when I opened the box to find this beautiful ring! I still had no idea at this point, what it was for though. The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: " Oh my gosh it is beautiful!!! Thank you!!!
Dale: "Yeah, I thought it would make a good engagement ring. You know, if you ever wanted to get married."

At this point I still am clueless to the fact that he meant that he actually wanted to marry me now! A couple of minutes of oohing and ahhing went by and Dale said to me:
" Well?? You gonna answer my question?" to which I replied:
"What question?" he replied:
"Do you want to get married?"

That was it!! It was at that moment that we began this most incredible journey!! I love you Dale and can't imagine what my life would have been like without you in it! One word does come to mind though, BORING!!! The last 12 years of my life have been extraordinary because you are in it. You, these 2 beautiful babies that you have given me and the 2 beautiful babies we share in our hearts are the greatest gifts from God that I will ever receive! Happy "Engagement" Day Anniversary! You are my best friend and the Love of my life!!!!

No comments: