Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

What a wonderful day it has been! I am so thankful for all the many, many, many blessings that God has given to me! Dale fried one delicious turkey this morning, my brother Jeff made some awesome dressing, Momma baked a wonderful ham, Pete provided yummy fresh veggies, my oldest niece Tori baked a sweet potato pie using my grandmothers recipe and I did a pretty good job with the deviled eggs, mashed potatoes and pies. These were just a few examples of the bountiful food that filled our home. Everyone had a great time! The guys talked sports all afternoon while me, Tori, Tiffany, Taylor, Wanda, Joan and Momma mapped out game plans for the dreaded Black Friday! Our tummies were full of great food and our hearts full of love. I had originally planned to take some family pictures, but with all the hustle and bustle, never got around to it. They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I think that I must do a pretty good job! I love it when my husband and boys keep coming back for seconds and thirds and fourths...... The best part of the day for me however, is right now, listening to the sweet sounds of my husband playing the guitar with the boys. Those 4 guys are what I am most thankful for. Dale, Britt, Jackson and Clete, I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments: