Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend this year! Everything got going Saturday morning. It is very important to me to start traditions with my children. One thing that is very important to me is teaching the kids to have good values. I want my kids to be humble and not materialistic. That being said, early Saturday morning Dale and I took Clete to pick flowers to give to all the grandmothers. It was so fun! Next Clete and I sat down in the living room with all the arts and crafts supplies and made Mother's Day cards for MiMi Nicky, MiMi Suzzanne, Nana Kay and Granny. Saturday afternoon we all loaded up to begin the festivities. First we went to my mothers house. My mother has been so supportive over the last few months, I don't know how I would have survived without her. Next stop was the lake. My wonderful husband and expert griller prepared the most scrumptious steaks for all us Moms! We had a great time with MiMi Suzzanne and Granny, along with Aunt Gladys and Aunt Cyndi. I also want to say Thank You to MiMi Suzzanne for the new shoes!!! I can't wait to put together new outfits to wear with all of them! Sunday was the best! My sweet husband told me to "go back to bed" when I tried to get up and carry on my daily chores. He is the best! Later in the day we took Clete to the park for some outdoor fun. The night ended with an excellent spaghetti dinner. I ate so much over the weekend that I thought I was going to pop! My husband and kids showed me how much they do love and appreciate me, it was great!


Without these beauties, I wouldn't be a MOM!!!!





No comments: