Thursday, February 12, 2009

The BEST Valentines Day Present!

This week is quickly coming to an end and I still have a million things to do to prepare for Clete's birthday party. The house has to be cleaned and the cake, baked and decorated. I can't believe that he will be 3 years old on Sunday, the time has absolutely flown by. I like to think back to the day that he came into our lives. Dale and I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 that morning for the induction, we were both so excited. The day proved to be quite different from what we had hoped for though, the epidural I received was WONDERFUL but I wouldn't dilate. I spent the entire day just lying there watching TV and starving! The news came about 6:30 PM that we could be looking at a c-section. Dr. Litsey gave me one more chance though and finally at the 9:00 PM exam, I was ready to go. It was SHOWTIME!! That beautiful little angel drifted into our lives as peaceful as the night. He wasn't screaming and thrashing around, he was just here with eyes wide open. Having already had a child, I knew that all babies do not cry when they are born, but I still had to ask if he was okay, Dr. Litsey assured me everything was fine. It was the day after Valentines Day, and it was the best Valentines Day gift that I had ever received. The next thing I know the room was filled with all of our family and friends who had waited all day and most of the night for Clete to arrive. I'm posting a few pictures of that day, I cry each time that I look at them. We love you Clete, Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: