Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birthdays, Bridal Showers and Baseball! Oh My!

This weekend will be chock full of activity!! On Friday night Jackson has a baseball game, the copious amount of rain that we have received in the last few weeks has caused games to have to be rescheduled. Saturday will prove to be the big test of my multi-tasking skills. Jackson has another baseball game on Saturday morning. My niece Tori's bridal shower is Saturday afternoon. I think that Dale and his Dad are going to have to take on the task of corralling Clete at the ballgame. I can't wait for the shower! I hope that she gets a lot of cool stuff. Saturday is also my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Damaris! After all the events of the day it will be time for me to make the cake for Jackson's birthday. It probably will prove to be a late night, but Dale wants me to bake the cake rather than get a store bought cake. My hubby loves for me to cook, I keep him fed well!! Sunday is Jackson's 11Th birthday! I can't believe that he is 11, where has the time gone? Jackson is my shopping buddy, he is the only one that willingly goes shoe shopping with me and will give me honest opinions on my choices. Jackson has the sweetest disposition, he loves his brothers with all his heart and will make a wonderful father someday. I remember how worried I was before Clete was born, I just didn't know how Jack was going to react to not being the baby anymore. I often sat thinking of things that we could do with Jackson to make sure he knew he was still just as special as always. My fears proved to be unfounded though, as soon as that beautiful baby boy was born, Jackson took right to him! All Jackson wanted to do was hold Clete and take care of him. Jackson is a very special part of our lives, he was not born to me physically, but he was born in my heart! We will be having the family over for cake and ice cream to celebrate. Hopefully this weekend will go on without a hitch, then on to next weekend. Here comes Peter Cottontail!!!

No comments: