Sunday, April 26, 2009

Talladega!!

Dale and the boys arrived safely at the track! They left this morning at 5:30. There is sooo much going on at the track pre-race, as a bonus they were given FREE PIT PASSES!!! As soon as they started milling around, my phone was bombed with picture after picture. Dale refused to take my camera, said he didn't want to keep up with it. The boys had an absolutely great time! We still can't believe that they were given free pit passes, they are about $30.00 a piece! Britt called to let me know that they had gotten them and was beside himself, all he kept saying was " We're on the track Momma, we're on the track with the cars!" While Jackson and Dale were looking at Dale Jr.'s car, one of the pit crew gave Jackson a lug nut from Jr.'s car, he was so excited. Of course there were all the pretty girls too! We got all the boys pictures with at least 2. Ladies if you have a problem with your husband being around pretty, scantily clad women, don't send them to Talladega! I don't mind at all though, I know where he sleeps at night! The race itself was AWESOME! From the "Big One" at the beginning to the spectacular, yet kinda dangerous finish! I am so grateful and thankful that they got to go and experience it! Dale works so hard and these are the perks sometimes. I mean free Talladega tickets don't come around too often and to top that free pit passes too!!

Clete and I just hung around the house today. We played outside all day. We also treated ourselves to an ice cream cone. The best part was the 3 hour Sunday Siesta that we took. I had to wake the child up at 5:00!! Dale and boys returned at 8:00, they were all sunburned and whipped, but still on cloud 9. That was a trip that our boys will never forget and I am so happy that they had such an outstanding time!

No comments: